The MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor is a compact portable device.
The monitor contains a scintillation NaI(Tl) or LaBr3(Ce) based gamma detector, a Geiger-Mueller counter and a scintillation neutron detector. Surface contamination and alpha- and beta- flux density are measured with the external alpha-beta-detector. Also, the MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor allows connection of the external neutron detector capable of registering neutron radiation in a wide energy range (BDN-06M).
Temperature compensation of gamma channel ensures consistency of measurements in a wide temperature range.
Application of LaBr3(Ce) based gamma detector enhances resolution capability of radionuclide identification.
The MKC-A03 monitor has sound and visual alarms for gamma and neutron radiation (indicators of different colors are used to distinguish between gamma and neutron alarms).
Depending of its application, MKC-A03 can use one of the following operating modes:
- Search/Dose rate: search and dose rate measurement
- Identification: determination of nuclide composition
- Alpha/Beta: measurement of alpha- and beta- particles flux density (with the BDS-AB2 external alpha-beta-detector)
- Neutron/dose rate: measurement of neutron radiation ADER (with the BDN-06M external detector)
In the search mode, visual and sound alarm frequency increases as MKC-A03 approaches the radiation source, which allows quick and accurate localization of the radiation source.
Switching between the Search/Dose rate mode is done by pressing one button.
The embedded neutron detector has its ADER calibrated only for characteristic spectrum of Pu-Be source radiation in the test assembly conditions (frontal geometry). If it is necessary to measure neutron ADER with unknown energy distribution and/or in case when neutron moderating and dissipating materials are present (organic substances, water, etc), we recommend using the BDN-03M external neutron detector.
Access to the MKC-A03 functions
NORMAL MODE provides an easy and intuitive interface with operation hints and access to basic functions.
EXPERT MODE allows flexible setting of the monitor parameters and analysis of measured radiation spectra.
The monitor can transmit data to a computer with installed dedicated software.
- Visual and sound alarms for gamma and neutron radiation using indicators of different color and with the frequency increasing as the instrument approaches the radiation source
- User-friendly interface, easy-to-operate, hints to the operator
- Switch from the search mode to the identification mode with one button
- Restriction of access to advanced functions and critical settings
- Expert mode for the access to advanced functions (flexible settings of parameters, analysis of the acquired spectra)
- Ready to use immediately after power on
- Embedded self-test system does not require the operator’s involvement
- Automatic adjustment of the energy calibration while charging
- Wireless data transfer
- Rugged and environmentally protected design, stable measurements in a wide temperature range
- Measurement and identification results can be saved automatically, transferred to a PC for further analysis, and used to generate reports and in information networks