The MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor is a compact portable device.
The monitor contains a scintillation NaI(Tl) or LaBr 3 (Ce) based gamma detector, a
Geiger-Mueller counter and a scintillation neutron detector. Surface contamination and alpha- and beta- flux density are measured with the external alpha-beta-detector. Also, the MKC-A03 monitor allows connection of the external neutron detector capable of registering neutron radiation in a wide energy range (BDN-06M). Temperature compensation of gamma channel ensures consistency of measurements in a wide temperature range.
Application of LaBr 3 (Ce) based gamma detector enhances resolution capability of radionuclide identification.
The MKC-A03 monitor has sound and visual alarms for gamma and neutron radiation.
Depending of its application, the monitor can use one of the following operating modes:
- Search/Dose rate: search and dose rate measurement
- Identification: determination of nuclide composition
- Alpha/Beta: measurement of alpha- and beta- particles flux density (with the BDS-AB2 external alpha-beta-detector)
- Neutron/dose rate: measurement of neutron radiation EDR (with the BDN-06M external detector)
In the search mode, visual and sound alarm frequency increases as the MKC-A03 monitor approaches the radiation source, which allows quick and accurate localization of the radiation source.
Switching between the Search/Dose rate mode is done by pressing one button.
The embedded neutron detector has its EDR calibrated only for characteristic spectrum of Pu-Be source radiation in the test assembly conditions. If it is necessary to measure neutron EDR with unknown energy distribution and/or in case when neutron moderating and dissipating materials are present (organic substances, water, etc), we recommend using the BDN-03M external neutron detector.
Access to the MKC-A03 functions
NORMAL MODE provides an easy and intuitive interface with operation hints and access to basic functions.
EXPERT MODE allows flexible setting of the monitor parameters and analysis of measured radiation spectra.
The monitor can transmit data to a computer with installed dedicated software.
- As part of Radiation Monitoring Integrated Systems
- As part of Integrated Safety Systems
- User-friendly interface
- Rugged and environmentally protected design
- Quick readiness for use
- Long battery operation
- Restriction of access to advanced functions and critical settings
- Expert mode for access to advanced functions
- Embedded self-test system
- Transfer of measured data to the computer