BETA-1S can be used in laboratory conditions for radiation monitoring of environmental objects and various products during their extraction, processing, and release.
Design and operation
BETA-1S is a UDS-B-USB scintillation digital beta detecting device placed inside the lead shield. The lead shield helps decrease gamma background influence and increase accuracy of activity measurement.
The investigated sample is prepared in accordance with the applied sample preparation method and is placed in a standard cuvette, leveled and compacted in it using the supplied sample compacting device. AFA filters can also be measured by the spectrometer.
BETA-1S comes with the Operator’s Workstation with the installed specialized software (SpectraLineBG) used to control data accumulation, display, data processing and to output results of data processing to external devices.
Features and functional capability
- Integrated gain stabilization system based on the LED reference peak ensures high stability of the detecting device, thus eliminating the need of daily energy calibration of the spectrometer
- Non-potassium photomultiplier (PMT) used in the detecting device ensures obtaining low values of the minimum measured activity of radionuclides
- The possibility of software, hardware and methodological coupling with the GAMMA-1S Scintillation Gamma Spectrometer
- Wide range of functions to work with spectra and results of their processing: measurement with time exposure (live or real time), automatic accumulation and processing mode, visualization on the monitor screen, storage in database
- Generation of protocols in accordance with regulations in force; reports are issued on the following product categories:
- Food products
- Forestry products
- Feed and feed additives
- Printing out of processing results and spectrum