The spectrometer is used in laboratories and by services engaged in radiation monitoring of environmental objects and various products during their extraction, processing, and release.
Design and operation
GAMMA-1S is a NaI(Tl) 63×63 mm based digital scintillation gamma detecting device UDS-GC-63×63-USB placed inside a lead shield. The lead shield helps reduce the influence of external gamma background and reduce the activity measurement error.
The sample to be measured is prepared in accordance with the applied sample preparation technique, placed in the standard measurement geometry and installed in the shield on the detecting device cover to perform measurements. The following measuring geometries can be used: Marinelli vessel 1 l, Dent vessel 0.12 l, Petri dish 60 ml.
GAMMA-1S comes with an operator’s workstation with installed specialized software (SpectraLineBG) used to manage accumulation, display, processing of information and output of processing results to external computer devices.
Optionally, GAMMA-1S can include equipment based on activated carbon for comprehensive monitoring of radon in industrial conditions, residential homes, and in the environment.
Features and functional capability
- Integrated gain stabilization system based on the LED reference peak ensures high stability of the detecting device, thus eliminating the need of daily energy calibration of the spectrometer
- Non-potassium photomultiplier (PMT) used in the detecting device ensures obtaining low values of the minimum measured activity of radionuclides
- The possibility of software, hardware and methodological coupling with the BETA-1S Scintillation Beta Spectrometer
- Wide range of functions to work with spectra and results of their processing: measurement with time exposure (live or real time), automatic accumulation and processing mode, visualization on the monitor screen, storage in database
- Generation of protocols in accordance with regulations in force; reports are issued on the following product categories:
- building materials
- mineral fertilizers
- food industry products
- forest products
- Printing out of processing results and spectrum
- Applied digital signal processing methods ensure the stability of the UDS-GC parameters in high load conditions
- Individual adjustment for specific measuring tasks of the customer is possible
- Efficiency calibration of the spectrometer is done for a 1 litre Marinelli vessel geometry. Calibrations using other geometries are also possible