The Yantar-2L monitors consist of two metal pillars mounted along the lane opposite each other. The pillars contain four gamma detectors and electronics units. The monitors are equipped with sound and light alarming devices, as well as performance status indicators.
Lead shields used for gamma detectors serve to enhance gamma detection efficiency.
Infrared occupancy sensors ensure reliable detection of vehicles in the search area even in extreme weather conditions.
The Yantar pillars, detectors and electronic units are climatically protected well enough to withstand harsh environments including high humidity and salt fogs.
The radiation monitor transfers data to the control panel or a PC with the application specific software installed.
The search area width is determined by the customer taking into account manufacturer’s recommendations. Agreement of customized solutions is made in accordance with installation site conditions and customer’s requirements to the minimum detected quantities of radioactive materials.
- Sound and visual alarms
- Increased sensitivity to gamma radiation
- Settable detection parameters
- Expandability and connection to external devices
- Dry contact
- Storage of events in the non-volatile archive
- Embedded selftest system
- Access to the monitor parameters via the RS-485 interface (optional Ethernet)
- Backup power supply using the embedded batteries for 10 hours
- PVC-01 Control Panel – used to set up parameters of the Yantar RPM and display results
- MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor – used to search for and localize, identify and measure the detected ionizing radiation source dose rate
- Equipment of the radiation monitoring integrated system:
- Video monitoring set – video recording of the alarming object
- Data acquisition and processing equipment – acquisition and processing of data, logging of alarm events
- Operator’s Workstation – data input, display of current and logged data
- Networking wallbox – connection of the RPM and video monitoring sets to the radiation monitoring integrated system