The Yantar-PB radiation portal monitor is designed as a detecting module and a control cabinet mounted on a frame. The detecting module includes gamma- and neutron radiation detectors. The control cabinet is equipped with visual and sound alarm devices.
Lead shields for the gamma-detector increase efficiency of gamma radiation detection.
The occupancy sensor is mounted on the frame or the sides of the conveyor belt (as required by the customer) and indicates when the search area is occupied by an object.
The RPM transfers data to the control panel or a PC with the application specific software installed.
The search area height is defined by the customer in the range from 0.7 to 1.5 m with regard to the manufacturer recommendations. Customized solutions are agreed with account of installation site features and requirements to the minimum detectable quantities of radioactive and nuclear materials.
For the purposes of information, the detection thresholds are shown for the search area height of 0.7 m.
- Sound and visual alarms
- Settable detection parameters for each detection channel
- Expandability and connection to external devices
- Dry contact
- Storage of events in the non-volatile archive
- Embedded selftest system
- Access to the RPM parameters via the RS-485 interface (optional Ethernet)
- Backup power supply using the embedded batteries for 10 hours
- PVC-01 Control Panel – used to set up parameters of the Yantar RPM and display results
- MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor – used to search for and localize, identify and measure the detected ionizing radiation source dose rate
- Equipment of the radiation monitoring integrated system:
- Video monitoring set – video recording of the alarming object
- Data acquisition and processing equipment – acquisition and processing of data, logging of alarm events
- Operator’s Workstation – data input, display of current and logged data
- Networking wallbox – connection of the RPM and video monitoring sets to the radiation monitoring integrated system