The Yantar-PB radiation monitor is designed as a detecting module and a control cabinet mounted on a frame. The detecting module includes gamma- and neutron radiation detectors. The control cabinet is equipped with visual and sound alarm devices.
Lead shields for the gamma-detector increase efficiency of gamma radiation detection.
The occupancy sensor is mounted on the frame or the sides of the conveyor belt (as required by the customer) and indicates when the search area is occupied by an object.
The radiation monitors transfer data to the control panel or a PC with the application specific software installed.
The search area height is defined by the customer in the range from 0.7 to 1.5 m taking into account the manufacturer’s recommendations. Customized solutions are agreed with account of installation site features and requirements to the minimum detectable quantities of radioactive and nuclear materials.
As part of Radiation Monitoring Integrated Systems
As part of Integrated Safety Systems
- Operating mode – continuous, automatic
- Sound and visual alarms
- Settable thresholds for each detection channel
- Possibilities of expansion and connection of external devices
- Generation of “dry contact” in case of an alarm event
- Automatic registration of events in a non-volatile archive
- Storage and output of archive data to external devices (when connected)
- Embedded automatic selftest system
- Access to the system parameters via RS-485 interface (optional Ethernet)
- Generation of video information on the target object (when video surveillance sets are connected)
- Service life is 12 years
- PVC-01 Control Panel – used to set up the Yantar radiation monitor parameters and display results
- MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor – used to search for and localize, identify and measure the detected ionizing radiation source dose rate
- Equipment of the radiation monitoring integrated system:
- Video monitoring set – video recording of the alarming object
- Data acquisition and processing equipment – acquisition and processing of data, logging of alarm events
- Operator’s Workstation – data input, display of current and logged data
- Networking wallbox – connection of the RPM and video monitoring sets to the radiation monitoring integrated system