The RZS-02A Personnel Contamination Monitor can be used for compulsory radioactive contamination screening of personnel at nuclear enterprises, as well as personnel involved in remediation of contaminated areas and elimination of the consequences of radiation accidents. The monitor complies with the requirements of STO 1.1.1.02.004.1078-2015 “Stationary radioactive contamination monitors for monitoring of nuclear power plant personnel. General technical requirements, types and test methods”.
Design and operation
The RZS-02A Personnel Contamination Monitor is a measuring booth containing 25 detecting units and a panel computer. Its detecting units are based on thin plastic scintillators highly sensitive to gamma and beta radiation. 24 detecting units are used to check personnel, and one detecting unit is used to check small items. The arrangement of detecting units in RZS-02A ensures effective monitoring of the entire body, including the head. The monitor includes position sensors to ensure correct position of the person in the booth during the measurement.
RZA-02A is equipped with a touch screen panel computer with built-in functional and technological software that processes measurement information, controls the monitor operation in automatic mode, transfers the measured parameters, as well as data on the technical condition of the devices to the upper level of the automated radiation monitoring system.
If the threshold levels of contamination are exceeded, the entrance and exit swing doors are blocked, and the monitor issues an alarm message, including:
- sound signal (voice message),
- light signal,
- a mnemonic scheme displayed on the panel computer screen indicating the place and type of gamma and/or beta contamination detected on the object,
- measured beta contamination values displayed on the panel computer screen.
Features and performance
- Separate registration and processing of beta and gamma radiation by each detecting unit
- Transfer of measured parameters, as well as data on the technical condition of devices to external devices of the automated radiation monitoring system
- Optional video system to record the person being screened at the level of their faces using video cameras with two-way audio communication
- Automatic monitoring of RZS-02A configuration and operability of detecting units
- Automatic gamma background compensation
- Visual and voice support for the measurement procedure
- Double barrier at the entrance and exit to prevent unauthorized crossing of the controlled zone
- Easy decontamination due to stainless steel housing
- Supports identification of the screened personnel using electronic cards (passes) used at the NPP