The Yantar-P monitors consist of pillars mounted opposite each other at the search area borders. The pillars contain gamma and neutron detectors, and electronics units. The Yantar-P series monitors are equipped with sound and light alarming devices.
Lead shields used for gamma detectors serve to enhance gamma detection efficiency.
Occupancy sensors are used to detect presence of the object in the search area. Depending on the model and operating conditions, the Yantar-P series monitors can come with either compact radar or optical sensors.
The radiation monitor transfers data to the control panel or a PC with the application specific software installed.
The Yantar-P series also includes models that can be installed outdoors and models with only gamma channel.
The choice of a specific Yantar-P model as well as agreement of customized solutions including single-pillar versions, is made in accordance with installation site conditions and customer’s requirements to the minimum detected quantities of radioactive and nuclear materials.
Values in Specification section are valid for the Yantar-2P dual-pillar radiation monitor with gamma and neutron channels.
- Sound and visual alarms
- Settable detection parameters for each detection channel
- Expandability and connection to external devices
- Dry contact
- Storage of events in the non-volatile archive
- Embedded selftest system
- Access to the monitor parameters via the RS-485 interface (optional Ethernet)
- Backup power supply using the embedded batteries for 10 hours
- PVC-01 Control Panel – used to set up parameters of the Yantar RPM and display results
- MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor – used to search for and localize, identify and measure the detected ionizing radiation source dose rate
- Equipment of the radiation monitoring integrated system:
- Video monitoring set – video recording of the alarming object
- Data acquisition and processing equipment – acquisition and processing of data, logging of alarm events
- Operator’s Workstation – data input, display of current and logged data
- Networking wallbox – connection of the RPM and video monitoring sets to the radiation monitoring integrated system