The Yantar-S/SN radiation portal monitors consist of pillars mounted opposite each other along the search area boundaries. The pillars contain gamma and neutron detectors or only gamma detectors and electronics units. The radiation monitors are equipped with sound and light alarming devices, as well as performance status indicators. Lead shields used for gamma detectors serve to enhance gamma detection efficiency.
Occupancy sensors ensure reliable detection of vehicles in the search area even in extreme weather conditions.
The pillars, detectors and electronic units are climatically protected well enough to withstand harsh environments including high humidity and salt fogs.
The radiation monitors transfer data to the control panel or a PC with the application specific software installed.
The choice of a specific Yantar-S/SN model as well as agreement of customized solutions including single-pillar versions, is made in accordance with installation site conditions and customer’s requirements to the minimum detected quantities of radioactive and nuclear materials.
Values in Specification section are valid for the Yantar-2SN dual-pillar radiation monitor with gamma and neutron channels.
- Operating mode – continuous, automatic
- Sound and visual alarms
- Settable thresholds for each detection channel
- Possibilities of expansion and connection of external devices
- Generation of “dry contact” in case of an alarm event
- Automatic registration of events in a non-volatile archive
- Storage and output of archive data to external devices (when connected)
- Embedded automatic selftest system
- Access to the system parameters via RS-485 interface (optional Ethernet)
- Generation of video information on the target object (when video surveillance sets are connected)
- Service life is 12 years
- PVC-01 Control Panel – used to set up the Yantar radiation monitor parameters and display results
- MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor – used to search for and localize, identify and measure the detected ionizing radiation source dose rate
- Equipment of the radiation monitoring integrated system:
- Video monitoring set – video recording of the alarming object
- Data acquisition and processing equipment – acquisition and processing of data, logging of alarm events
- Operator’s Workstation – data input, display of current and logged data
- Networking wallbox – connection of the RPM and video monitoring sets to the radiation monitoring integrated system