The RM-SN monitors consist of pillars mounted opposite each other along the search area borders. The pillars contain gamma and neutron detectors and electronics units. The side panels of the pillars have light and sound alarm devices.
Lead shields used for gamma detectors serve to enhance gamma detection efficiency.
The occupancy sensor indicates entrance of the object to and its exit from the search area.
The radiation monitor transfers data to the control panel or a PC with the application specific software installed.
The choice of a specific RM-SN model as well as agreement of customized solutions including single-pillar versions, is made in accordance with installation site conditions and customer’s requirements to the minimum detected quantities of radioactive and nuclear materials.
Values in Specification section are valid for the RM-SN dual-pillar radiation monitor with gamma and neutron channels.
As part of Radiation Monitoring Integrated Systems
As part of Integrated Safety Systems
- Sound and visual alarms
- Settable detection thresholds for each detection channel
- Expandability and connection to external devices
- Dry contact
- Storage of events in the non-volatile archive
- Embedded selftest system
- Access to the monitor parameters via the RS-485 interface (optional Ethernet)
- PVC-01K Control Panel – used to set up parameters of the radiation monitor and display scanning results
- MKC-A03 Handheld radiation monitor – used to search for and localize, identify and measure the detected ionizing radiation source dose rate
- Equipment of the radiation monitoring integrated system:
- Video monitoring set – video recording of the alarming object
- Data acquisition and processing equipment – acquisition and processing of data, logging of alarm events
- Operator’s Workstation – data input, display of current and logged data
- Mobile Operator’s Workstation – a tablet PC based device for the Officer-on-duty to monitor and promptly respond to alarms
- Telecommunication equipment – connection of the RPM and video monitoring sets to the radiation monitoring integrated system